SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATIONThe deadline for submitting complete application packet is November 12, 2018
Criteria for Applicants
It is no secret that the number of African-American males on college campuses continues to be lower than others. The Asfaw Family Foundation International (AFFI) is working to address this disparity by contributing financially to the education of these young men. The “Aim High” scholarship program was established by AFFI to help increase the number of African American males enrolled in colleges and universities. In addition to their career goals, recipients should be committed to making a difference in the quality of life for others and his community. Criteria and requirements are listed below.
A student should meet the following criteria:
- Be an African American male
- Be a Colorado resident
- Have a 2.5 or greater Cumulative Grade Point Average
- Will graduate from high school in spring 2019
- Is actively working to prepare academically for admission to a college or university, demonstrating academic potential through a commitment to classroom work and assignments.
- Plan to attend a public or independent college or university.
- Financial need is taken into consideration.
- Applicants must submit a 2-3 page Essay answering the questions below.
(2-3 pages total, not 2-3 pages per question)
- How do you feel your college education will make an impact on society?
- How will you give back to your community?
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation from either teachers, counselors, academic administration, or community organization representative
- Copy of Official High School Transcripts
- IRS 1040
- Proof of Community Service in the past two (2) years
Incomplete applications will be disqualified. CHECKLIST:
- Completed Application
- Official IRS 1040 Proof of Income: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript
- Community Service